Start your career in the food industry with the Food Handlers Certificate Training. Considered as the first-course in food safety principles, this comprehensive program provides food handlers with knowledge needed to ensure safe handling of food for human consumption. Score 70% or higher on your exam and earn the nationwide-approved Food Handlers Certificate. This program is offered throughout the year.
Who should attend?
- Individuals preparing for employment as a food handler/food worker in the food industry-restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, etc.
- Anyone participating in an employee orientation food safety program
- Employees looking for refresher food safety training
- Anyone required by state or local jurisdictions to take employee level (food handler) training
- Vendors at farmer’s markets
- Food prep staff employed in day care, health care, assisted living facilities, restaurants, etc.
- Introduction to food safety
- Food borne illness
- Contamination and preventing illness
- Preparing and presenting food
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Time and temperature control for hazardous foods
- Food safety control
You will also receive:
- Food Handler Training Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Wallet Card
Date, time & place:
- Offered as needed
To be awarded the Certificate of Completion, an individual must complete the 3-hour training and pass the 40-question multiple-choice exam with a 70% or higher.
The Certificate of Completion is valid for three years. Some jurisdictions and/or employers may accept it for a shorter length of time. Please contact your local health department, other food safety regulatory agencies and/or employer to verify your local requirements.
If you have more than 5 employees to train, it may be more cost effective and convenient for you to schedule an in-house training at your business. Please contact us for special rates.