Start your career in the food industry with the Food Handlers Certificate Training. Considered as the first-course in food safety principles, this comprehensive program provides food handlers with knowledge needed to ensure safe handling of food for human consumption. Score 70% or higher on your exam and earn the nationwide-approved Food Handlers Certificate. This program is offered throughout the year.
Who should attend?
- Individuals preparing for employment as a food handler/food worker in the food industry-restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, etc.
- Anyone participating in an employee orientation food safety program
- Employees looking for refresher food safety training
- Anyone required by state or local jurisdictions to take employee level (food handler) training
- Vendors at farmer’s markets
- Food prep staff employed in day care, health care, assisted living facilities, restaurants, etc.
- Introduction to food safety
- Food borne illness
- Contamination and preventing illness
- Preparing and presenting food
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Time and temperature control for hazardous foods
- Food safety control
You will also receive:
- Food Handler Training Manual
- Certificate of Completion
- Wallet Card
How to register
Complete the Registration Form and mail with your payment at least two weeks before the date of this training. Make checks payable to AEDI, Inc. and mail to Post Office Box 38482, Tallahassee, FL 32315.
To be awarded the Certificate of Completion, an individual must complete the 3-hour training and pass the 40-question multiple-choice exam with a 70% or higher.
The Certificate of Completion is valid for three years. Some jurisdictions and/or employers may accept it for a shorter length of time. Please contact your local health department, other food safety regulatory agencies and/or employer to verify your local requirements.
If you have more than 5 employees to train, it may be more cost effective and convenient for you to schedule an in-house training at your business. Please contact us for special rates.